Monday, August 18, 2008

Mistreatment



I finally did it! I did a mistreatment.....thanks for the inspiration Nester. I have had the fabric for (shudder)6 or 7 years. I got it from my DH's aunt. She is in the high end furniture business and this was some fabric left over from a job. I have been wanting to do something some years. I almost did something with it when we were in Jacksonville, but then we moved back to Texas.......it was been sitting in box with some other fabric since we moved. I found the rod, brackets, finials and clips on clearance at Bed bath and Beyond. I had a stockpile of coupons, so I was able to get another 20% off each item. I sent about $60 on the rod. I thought I could splurge since I had nothing in the fabric. The trim was purchased at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. I then hot glued it on to the valance. I did have to do some sewing. the stripes for the valence were not going to go up and down. Did not like that. I measured and figured out the what I needed to have, and then just cut into 4 equal sections. I just straight stitched them together. I love it! for the panels i just ripped the lenght of fabric I had in half so that I would have 2 panels. My MIL was over (she sews) and convinced me to use hem tape onthe panels, well I ran out after one panel so the other one just got pressed down. Can you tell wich one has teh hem tape and whci one does not? I think it gives a warm to the room that it was lacking before. thanks for looking. Now i have to figure out how to add the blinkie!









Close up of valance and panel. (don't forget to notice the tassel!)





This is the before picture:














15 comments:

Darlene said...

Great mistreatment and wow does that doll up that window....from drab to glamorous!! I do see that wonderful tassel....aren't they just the greatest!

Kara said...

Love your new curtains! Very pretty, thanks for sharing!
Kara-Decatur, Texas

Lamp Tramp said...

It's perfect. Sounds like it was easy to do!

The Nester said...

you did good! it made the room!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

That really completes the room. Nice job!

~ Sarah

Lise Samson said...

I love it !

Bonita said...

Wow! It completely changed the feel of that room! Such a pretty mistreatment!

Nancy said...

Just looks great! Nice job.

Unknown said...

Hi there! Love those mistreatments!!! they are looking pretty. Im sure you are proud~ I love your tassles too. Nester rocks when it comes to her tassels. You sure did get some cute ones... The birds are always my favorite..the kittys my daugters fav... thanks for sharing~

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
Okay, if you go to my Archives, click on 'Projects (of the crafty sort), then scroll almost to the bottom, to a post called 'It was fun, but now I'm done', you'll find my instructions. Let me know if you have problems finding it.
Also, maybe you can win one from me in my GIVEAWAY, only seven more posts to go. : )

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oops!!! I just now got it...you want directions to the FABRIC pumkins. Somewhere I printed out her directions. If you want to give me your email address, I will dig them up and send them to you. : )
*I can delete your comment after I get your address, so it's not just out there.

Let it Shine said...

Excellent job! Fabric adds so much warmth!!

Alyshia

Unknown said...

Round Top X'2....Oh you blessed girl~

Anonymous said...

Isn't it awesome how just adding fabric to a window can completely transform it? Never ceases to amaze me. Lovin' it. Great job!
pk @ Room Remix

Karen said...

The fabric at the windows really softens things up and excellent job on saving money on the "mistreatment"!

So glad you stopped by my blog and became a follower. It's always great to meet like-minded bloggers.